To Us, Renewable Is Indeed Nothing New.
With a vast wealth of experience in this arena – with connection of over 16,000 MW of renewable energy to the electrical grid – Mountain Power Construction brings an unequaled level of know-how to projects of any scope or size. Our construction services encompass every aspect of renewable energy electrical construction, including construction of transmission lines, overhead collection lines and substations to the electrical grid. It’s not just about getting the job done; it’s also about how we get it done.
We’re anchored by professionalism, teamwork, and timeliness – you’ll get a superior level of quality and you’ll always know where we stand. And, of course, safety sits atop our list of priorities. We are competitive with our prices, yet rigid when it comes to protecting our workers and the community.
14 Miles Astra Wind Farm 345kV
- New 345kV, 14 Miles in length double bundle conductor, one OPGW and one OHGW. The job required extensive use of helicopters for wire stringing. There were drilled pier foundations for steel poles, near two separate 345kV Line Crossings. The remainder of the line was constructed of wood poles with H-Frame design, and 3 pole turning structures that were guyed and anchored. The project featured 97 multi pole structures, 8 drilled pier foundations, 192 Triple Helix Anchors, and double bundle 795ACSR conductor. Project was completed and ready to energize in 10 weeks.
McCoy Tie Line 230kV – Blythe California
- New 230kV, 12 Miles in length double bundle conductor, one OPGW and one interstate 10 Crossing. The job required extensive use of helicopters for wire stringing. There were drilled pier foundations for steel poles, multiple 230kV Line Crossings and 500kV crossings. We used our two DH60 LoDrils for the holes for both the direct bury and Foundation pole holes. Many of the pole foundations required the use of temporary casing to prevent sloughing soils. The casings were pulled as the foundations were poured. The remainder of the line was constructed of concrete monopoles, and 3 pole turning structures that were on drilled pier foundations. The project featured 101 mono and multi pole structures, 30 drilled pier foundations up to 10’x38’, 135’ Concrete Poles weighing up to 88,000lbs, and double bundle 954ACSR conductor. Project was completed and ready to energize on schedule.
- Helicopter wire stringing and matting in environmentally sensitive areas.
Teddy 230kV Sub
- (Teddy Solar) Built 250MW 230kV substation including five 230kV Transformers with four 34.5kV bays feeding each. 1590acsr 230kV transmission interconnect to SCE transmission line which was 6 miles long and performed at night
Tule Wind 138kV and 34.5kV Collection
- Project was new 138kV, 19 Miles in with single, double and triple circuit, one OPGW and one interstate 8 Crossing. The job excluded use of helicopters for wire stringing due to environmental restrictions by the BLM. There were multiple 500kV crossings, many with restrictions requiring walking of ropes through environmentally and/or culturally sensitive areas. We used our two DH60 LoDrills for the holes for both the direct bury and Foundation pole holes. There was a wide variety of soil conditions from sand to solid rock and boulders covering the entire project. Many of the pole foundations required the use of temporary casing to prevent sloughing soils. The casings were pulled as the foundations were poured. The project featured 94 mono and multi pole structures, 88 drilled pier foundations up to 10’x42’, 136 Steel Poles, and double bundle 1272ACSR conductor. Project was completed and ready to energize on its revised schedule.
Tucannon Wind Farm 230kV
- Structure Type Wood H Structure 21 – Miles New Transmission Line
- Conductor 1272 ASCR
- Fiber Two Fibers
- Insulator Types Poly
- Fall Protection sys 100% Wood
- Foundation Types Direct Bury
- Civil/Site digging Solid Rock and Clay
- Misc. Freeway Crossing
Pleasant Valley 115kV – Excel Energy Minnesota: (C)
- Structure Type
- Wood and Steel
- 7 Miles
- New Line
- Single 954ACSR
- Single OPGW
- Insulator Types
- Fall Protection sys
- 100% Wood
- Foundation Types
- Direct Bury
- Drilled Pier Foundation
- Civil/Site Digging
- Water and Caving soils in areas
DID YOU KNOW?
We were recently featured in Energy & Infrastructure Magazine.
© 2018 Mountain Power Construction